Township in Ulverston parish, Lonsdale hundred, Lancashire North of the Sands. Combined with Egton with Newland and Osmotherley CPs 2003.
569 acres [230 ha].
64 in 1801, rising to peak of 73 in 1871, then falling to 36 by 1951; remained fairly stable for rest of 20th century, standing at 42 in 2001.
part of Neville manor of Ulverston (q.v.).
Places of worship:
Schools and other institutions: